Sunday 5 July 2015

Shortlisted and nominated!

To have one nomination is amazing, to have two is quite wonderful.

I was delighted and amazed to have 'The Time Smugglers' shortlisted for the 2015 International Rubery Book Award.
To find out , just a couple of days later, that both 'The Golden Sword' and 'The Time Smugglers' were nominated for the 2015 Holyer an Gof awards was incredible.




The International Rubery Awards is judged by a panel that includes Judith Allnatt an acclaimed short story writer and novelist; Paul McDonald a senior lecturer in English and Creative Writing at the University of Wolverhampton, and Clare Morrall  an author whose debut novel, Astonishing Splashes of Colour, was short listed for the MAN Booker Prize.

http://www.ruberybookaward.com/2015-winners.html
The judges at work!

This is what they said about 'The Time Smugglers':

The Time Smugglers 
Rosie Morgan
This is the second in a series of books set in Cornwall.  
The four protagonists, based on Arthur and his knights, are drawn into a secret parallel world where nothing is as it seems, and where the Crow Man and his colleagues are plotting vengeance and destruction.  
t’s a world where apparently ordinary people possess secret knowledge, and help comes from unexpected sources.  Fast moving, dramatic and exciting, with pleasing pencil drawings placed throughout, and with a promise of further adventures to come.

The Holyer An Gof award is a Cornish award for books with a Cornish slant. 
I'm deeply honoured to have both my books shortlisted and nominated for this award. 


The awards evening is set for Tuesday 14th July, and I shall be there! Whether or not I win anything it will be exciting to be able to go along and meet other authors. 
(I'm hoping Philip Marsden, the author of 'Rising Ground' will be there. My lovely dad gave me his book last year. It was the last present he gave me. x)

Thanks for popping in, I'll keep you posted on my progress! x


No comments:

Post a Comment